It was a busy, yet fun weekend for our little family! The hubby and I went out on a double date to see The Blue Man Group, the show was amazing but unfortunately I was the only one who saw it because my husband forgot his glasses and couldn’t see anything on the stage… what a bummer. But regardless, it’s always great to get out and be just the two of us. We also had some great family time this weekend too. We took Baby E to her first pumpkin patch and had a blast. I’ll post some photos of our little family outing later :)
Ok, now onto one of my favorite topics…dessert. Whether you are expecting house guests in an hour or you simply hate making anything with more than 5 ingredients, this is the recipe for you! These easy gluten free peanut butter cookies are so so easy and quite tasty.
What you need:
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of peanut butter (creamier peanut butter generally works better with the recipe, I’ve tried making it with thicker ones like Adam’s and they don’t turn out as well)
- 3 tsp. of Ener-G Egg Replacer + 1/4 cup water (or 2 eggs)
-1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla
- 1 tsp. Xanthan gum (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
-Pour all the ingredients above into a bowl and mix until dissolved (the dough will be on the thicker side)
- Roll pieces of the dough into 2″ balls and places on an ungreased cookie sheet
- For a little decorative touch, flatten each cookie and top it off with some extra sugar sprinkles (I used the bottom of a drinking glass to flatten mine)
- Bake for 8 min
- Let cool and serve. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Easy peasy, right? The only problem is that the recipe is so easy that you will find yourself making them every time you need a quick sugar fix :)
Linking to: and other parties here