It’s been a while since I’ve posted a new recipe so I cooked up something extra special for ya today! Since it’s officially October I thought it would be appropriate to share one of my favorite fall recipes with you…yes, delicious gluten-free pumpkin bread! Mmmmm so good!
Today, the little one was down for a nap and we didn’t have anything sweet in the house (and I need my daily dose), so I decided to whip up my first batch of pumpkin bread of the season. Now, it’s technically called ‘bread’ but it tastes more like cake and I kinda like it that way :)
I started with a recipe I found on Gluten Free Goddess and made a few tweaks to make it my own. The pumpkin pie filling gives it just the right amount of pumpkin flavor and the spices add a little extra punch.
Here’s what you need:
1 cup packed organic light brown sugar
4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/4 cup light olive oil
1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Replacer whisked with 1/4 cup warm water (or two large eggs, beaten)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups Pumpkin Pie Mix
1 1/2 cups of Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour (or another GF baking mix of your choice)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all wet ingredients together and mix thoroughly
3. In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients together
4. Slowly combine the two mixtures and mix until all ingredients are blended together
5. Place the batter in a bunt cake or bread pan
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until you can pull a toothpick out without any bread sticking to it
7. Let it cool and then serve!