Are you getting spring fever yet? If our rainy weather wasn’t bad enough, the blogging world is definitely making me anxious for sunny weather to appear. Every where I look there are fun spring crafts and tons of adorable Easter projects. I have a few more things on my plate before I can jump into Easter eggs and bunnies but I in the mean time I thought I would share a delicious recipe for some Carrot Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting… the perfect addition to your Easter brunch!
- 2 cups of flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour)
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp. Xanthan Gum (only if you make them Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 3 eggs (I used the equivalent in Egg Replacer)
- 1 cup Apple Sauce
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 2 1/2 cups Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Raisins
- 8 oz. Powdered Sugar
- 6 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup butter (room temp)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Almond slivers
- Handful of Raisins for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine sugars, oil, applesauce and eggs and blend until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, spices, baking powder and Xanthan Gum.
4. Slowly combine the dry mix with the sugar/oil mixture until complete.
5. Stir in raisins and shredded carrots.
6. Line your muffin tins and fill 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
8. While muffins are cooling, blend together cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar until creamy.
9. Use almond slivers and raisins to create edible flowers on top of each muffin. Perfect way to dress up the muffins for Easter brunch or a spring celebration!