If there is one thing about my food allergies that gets a tad frustrating, it’s the fact that most easily accessible chocolate has soy in it. Total bummer considering I was a complete chocaholic before I found out about my soy allergy. Up until this point, I either have to buy really expensive organic/free trade chocolate when I need a chocolate fix, or I buy unsweetened chocolate (one of the only kinds that is soy free) and then sweeten it myself. So in the long run, I’m either spending way too much money on chocolate or wasting time. It’s all worth it in the long run but there has to be another solution… and I just found it!
I’ve mentioned before that I am a huge fan of EnjoyLife Foods because ALL of their products are free of the top 8 allergens including wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish and shellfish. Not only are they allergy friendly but they are SO GOOD, I can eat an entire box of their double chocolate brownie bites in one sitting. Shhh.
Anyway, I recently found out that they make Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks. I about died. I HAD to make some chocolatey goodness right away. I also had a bag of their Double Chocolate Crunch Granola that has a great texture to it so I came up with these Chocolate Granola Peanut Butter Truffles. ‘Oh my’ is all I have to say about these.
This recipe is gluten-free, soy-free and egg-free. It could easily be dairy free if you substitute the butter in the filling.
- 1 Bag of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 2 Cups Enjoy Life Chocolate Granola
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ Cup Butter Softened
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Wax Paper or Freezer Paper
- Using an electric mixer, cream together peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Stir in 2 cups of Enjoy Life Chocolate Granola until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Roll the dough into ½” balls and place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes or until the dough is hard.
- Next, pour the bag of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips into a bowl and place in microwave for 30 seconds at a time and stirring after each session. Keep repeating until chocolate is melted.
- Roll each ball of dough in the chocolate until completely coated and return to the wax paper.
- Place in freezer for an additional 30 minutes or until the chocolate is hardened.
- Tip: Depending on your climate, I suggest storing these in the fridge to prevent chocolate from melting.
I really enjoyed the EnjoyLife Mega Chocolate Chunks, even though I melted them down I had quite a few bites beforehand and they were delicious. They had just enough sweetness and a hint of bitterness making them the perfect combo for your taste buds. My husband even grabbed a few and was really impressed. Needless to say, I may be buying these in bulk!
The EnjoyLife Chocolate Crunch Granola was a really nice surprise. The granola was in very small clusters and covered in chocolate. I found myself eating handfuls out of the bag! The granola added just the right amount of crunch to the truffles. It was a nice little surprise inside the creamy peanut butter filling. The granola would also be delicious on top of plain yogurt or with rice milk!
These truffles are perfect for a dinner party or event. They are bite size and will leave your guests wanting more!
Note: They recipe makes about 45-50 truffles, but the chocolate only covered about 36 of them. I suggest using 1 1/2 bags of chocolate if you want to make the most of the recipe.
Disclaimer: EnjoyLife Foods provided me with the Chocolate Crunch Granola and the Semi-Sweet Mega Chunks but opinions are 100% my own.