Are you ready for Father’s Day?! It’s only a few days away or less if you are celebrating early like us. Today, we are celebrating the special day with my Father-In-Law by having a picnic at the beach. I wanted to bring a fun treat along and since ‘Golf’ seems to be the theme of this year’s Father’s Day I thought it would be appropriate to make a golf themed dessert.
I was having the hardest time coming up with a kid friendly and creative dessert until I remembered these amazing Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes from House of Hepworths. But instead of doing the traditional ice cream cones, I put my own flair on them! Father’s Day style, a Hole In One Cupcakes!
Meet my Hole-In-One Cupcakes! These are an easy yet fun way to celebrate Father’s Day and let your dad/husband know that the day is all about him!
I know Father’s Day is just a few days away, but these require very few ingredients (in fact you may already have them on hand) and they take no time at all! Ok, the little frosting dots took a little time but it goes by fast :)
All you need is a box of cake mix (or homemade batter if you have time), ice cream cones and frosting (pictured above). And IF possible, toothpicks, piping bag and some paper for the flags.
1. I put my cupcakes in a cake pan, they didn’t take up the entire space but I didn’t have anything smaller and thankfully all of the cones were still standing in the end!
2. I poured the batter into a zip lock bag and cut the tip off one corner.
3. I started by filling them a little over halfway full (like the picture), but added little more batter later to make them bigger than the cones. If/when I do this again I’ll fill the cones about 85% full to make them rounder.
4. I placed them in the oven and baked for 20 minutes. You’ll notice that they were a little messy at first but the cake cleans up pretty easily and the frosting covers most imperfections. Let’s just be honest, it all tastes the same :)
5. I used vanilla frosting from a jar and placed it into a piping bag with a circle tip. I imagine you could use a zip lock bag for this as well, but I wanted to make sure my dots were complete circles.
6. I started in the center and worked my way around the cupcake and out toward the edges. It was a little tedious, I won’t lie.
I made the flags using a basic construction paper, a marker, tape and a toothpick. And you got yourself a hold-in-one!
Aside from Father’s Day, these would also make a great treat for a golf team or golf themed party! So ‘pin’ them for later!
Note: If you are a regular reader of DDD, you may know that almost all my recipes are generally gluten-free, but THESE ARE NOT GF. Just wanted to point that out, I don’t want any of you getting sick :)
Hope all of you have a wonderful Father’s Day weekend, have fun honoring your dads, grandpas and hubbies!