Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! In case you were on vacation last week or didn’t have time to check in, I wrapped up my 1st Blogiversary Celebration and there are still several great giveaways going on! Click here to check them out, you still have a chance to win.
A few weeks ago, OXO asked me to participate in a Cherry Recipe Contest and I couldn’t help but join in on the fun. I’ll be the first to admit, I’m not a huge fan of cherry fillings so I knew I wanted to make something with fresh cherries. Something sweet and refreshing and keeps you wanting more! So I made a Gluten Free Cherry Tart with Honey Lime Glaze.
I picked up a box of fresh Rainer Cherries. They are grown locally here in Washington State and they are my favorite kind of cherries! They are sweet, have great texture and are full of beautiful colors and flavors.
Look at those delicious cherries!
I used my new Cherry Pitter I received from OXO to pit my cherries and was pleasantly surprised! After my first try I literally laughed out loud because it was so cool. It worked seamlessly and was actually really fun to use. I know, I’m a nerd for loving kitchen gadgets so much :)
Look at those beautifully pitted cherries! Now we are all set to make our Cherry Tart.
My recipe was inspired by this recipe from Food Network.
- About 2 cups of fresh cherries, or more depending on the size of your cherries.
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour)
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, softened and sliced
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- Juice from ½ a lime
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the confectioners sugar, flour, and butter, and process until the mixture forms a ball.
- With your fingers, press the dough into a 12-inch tart pan. Once the crust is evenly distributed in the pan, bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned.
- For the filling beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Spread over the cooled crust.
- Cut pitted cherries in half and cover the surface of the tart.
- In a small sauce pan, simmer butter, honey and lime juice until it begins to thicken. Remove from heat and let it thicken a bit more.
- Using a pastry brush, gently brush the glaze over the tart.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
I also want to thank OXO for sending me a beautiful ice cream scoop! It just so happens that the week I received my cute little package from OXO my ice cream scoop broke in half (a sign that we eat too much frozen yogurt in our house). So perfect timing!
If you are a blogger and want to participate in the Cherry Recipe Challenge you have until July 31 to submit your recipe! You can read all of the details here. The prizes include but are not limited to: 3rd Place: $200 worth of OXO tools of your choice, 2nd Place: $350 worth of OXO tools of your choice, and 1st Place: $500 worth of OXO tools of your choiceDisclaimer: OXO sent me the ice cream scoop and cherry pitter mentioned in this post.