Growing up, my mom always had something sweet around. Whether it was cookies or bars or breads there was always something yummy sitting in the corner of the kitchen.
One of my favorite afternoon snacks was this delicious chocolate zucchini bread filled with chocolate chips. De-lic-ous. So the other day I called my mom up and asked for her recipe. Oh you are in for a treat! These Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are rich in flavor and melt in your mouth.
I tweaked the recipe to make them gluten-free, egg-free and soy-free, but you could easily make them ‘regular’ as well.
- 3 Eggs (I used Ener-G Egg Replacer equivalent)
- ¾ Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 2½ Cups of Flour (I use GF Flour Mix)
- 2½ Cups of Grated Zucchini with skin on
- ½ tsp. Xanthum Gum (if making them GF)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1½ tsp. Baking Powder
- 4 Tbsp. Cocoa
- 1 Pkg Chocolate Chips (optional)
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla together.
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients together and slowly add them to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Continue to blend until throughly mixed.
- Stir in zucchini along with chocolate chips and walnuts if desired.
- Line muffin tin with liners and fill with batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until you can pull a toothpick out clean.
They were just as good as I remember and my family enjoyed them too. Can’t wait to make them again!