Industrial Decorative Pumpkins

459 Flares Twitter 3 Facebook 10 Google+ 28 Pin It Share 417 StumbleUpon 1 459 Flares ×

This project was not on my ‘to-do’ list for this fall, it sort of just happened. And those are sometimes the best ones. I was staring at some scraps of lumber that had just been cut from a larger project I was working on and I was seconds away from tossing them into the recycle. Well, one thing led to another and I came up with my first fall project of the year… Industrial Decorative Pumpkins.

I started with 4 pieces of scrap wood. They measure 3″X 3 1/2″ X 5/4″. I gave them 2 coats of Rustoleum White Spray Paint and let them dry.

I used my Silhouette to make my letter stencils in Capital font. I actually used a black Sharpie to stencil the letters onto the wood. Paint would also work great.

Industrial Decorative Pumpkins

To give them an industrial look, I used a screw for the ‘stem’ of the pumpkin and copper wire for the ‘vine’.

Industrial Decorative Pumpkins

The copper only cost me .99 cents and that was my only cost for this project. I purchased 1 foot of copper wiring from Lowes and then took the casing off to find 3 copper wires. I curled them around my finger to give them their shape.

Industrial Decorative Pumpkins

You could also use these as Halloween decor and say “Boo” or “EEK” on them.

I didn’t provide a full tutorial for these but definitely could if any one needs it. Just let me know!

Have you started decorating for fall yet?

Comments

These are absolutely adorable. I love the black and white. I’m not much on “traditional” pumpkin decorating, and this is a great twist. Great job!

2. Candyce says

This kind of game is really hard and if you are going to touch the wire you feel that the electricity is running in your hands..But its really cool to play with..

3. Tracy says

I love this project! I’d love it if you’d join me on my T.G.I.F. Linky Party that I host every Thursday evening – Sunday.

Hugs,
    Tracy

4. shelley says

i really like these :) i would like to make a version of these for my home as I think they would work well with my contemporary (IKEA! ) style. Thanks for sharing !!

Adorable, Taryn! I know I have some wood scraps lying around here somewhere! I’m including a link back in today’s DIY Fall Festival highlights. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!

Thank you so much for linking up to A Crafty Soiree! I’ve featured your project in the newest one. Come check it out, it will be up at midnight EST and will also have a giveaway from You Can Make This in it!

1. [...] 30 Cute Pumpkins October 15, 2012 By Hani Leave a Comment Cute Pumpkins are everywhere, whether it’s a Fall Decoration or a Halloween celebration! Here are a few fun and creative ways to make 30 cute pumpkins {DIY Pumpkins}… Let’s check out the cute pumpkins that got linked up at the Friday Fun Party! Painted Pumpkins Wine cork pumpkin Chevron Pumpkins Felt pumpkin wreath Fabric Pumpkins Ribbon Pumpkins Vinyl Pumpkins Halloween spider pumpkin Wooden Pumpkin Book Pumpkin No sew no glue pumpkin Glitz and glitter pumpkin Industrial decorative pumpkin [...]