Ok, so have you heard of Muddy Buddies? Oh you know, the chocolate peanut butter and Chex mixture that is usually devoured within seconds? Yes, that one.
Well, my husband and I have a love/hate relationship with it. You see, it is quite possibly one of our favorite guilty snacks to eat but the problem is, we can eat an entire batch in 24-48 hours by ourselves. It’s awful, well amazing, bu awful. So after a few failed attempts to practice self-control and only eat a few pieces a day, I now only allow myself to make it during the holidays. It’s generally our Christmas Day snack but I also end up making 2-3 batches after that because we remember how good it is.
So I thought it was only fair to share this amazing snack with all of you today (in case you don’t know about it already). It would make a really great New Years treat too!
And I wish I could take full credit for the recipe, but you can actually just find it on the back on the Chex box. However, I don’t think their recipe includes enough chocolate or peanut butter so I have made a few tweaks to it :)
- 1 Box of Rice Chex
- 8 ounces of chocolate
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a micro-wave safe bowl, combine chocolate, peanut butter, butter and vanilla.
- Micro-wave on high for 1 minute, stir and then put in for another 30 seconds if needed.
- Pour the Chex cereal into a large bag (I used a clean garbage bag), then pour the chocolate mixture on top.
- Mix the bag until the cereal is thoroughly covered.
- Then place the 2 cups powdered sugar inside the bag and mix until covered.
- Spread the coated cereal on a cookie sheet and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place into a bowl or treat bags and serve!