Easter Pallet Art

Have you visited the Paint-It party happening right now?! Well I’m here to show you MY paint project for this week! Now that Valentine’s Day is over, I’m already moving into Easter and spring mode. It’s never too early to start, right? I’m secretly hoping that the more spring projects I do, the faster spring will come :)

I really liked how my Valentine’s Day Pallet Art turned out, so I thought I would make another version for Easter! So here is my Easter Pallet Art Using Wood Shims.

Easter Pallet Art, How To Create A Mini-Pallet Sign For Easter by Design, Dining + Diapers, DIY Easter Sign, Bunny Art, Bunny Sign, Easter Decor

This may shock some of you, but besides Christmas, I’m actually not a big holiday decorator. If I do anything at all, I like to keep it subtle and simple. So that’s where my little bunny silhouette comes in. This little piece just might be the inspiration I need to put together a spring/Easter vignette this year :)

Supplies Needed:

– Pack of Wood Shims

– Wood Glue

– Gray/blue paint (I used a can a paint I bought from the Lowes reject section, so I have NO idea what the color is)

– DecoArt Americana Light Buttermilk Acrylic Paint

– Paint Brush

– Bunny Silhouette ( I used my Silhouette to cut mine)

How To Create A Mini-Pallet Sign For Easter by Design, Dining + Diapers

I used the same technique as my Valentine’s Day Art (pictured above). But this time I chose place the shims in the opposite direction for a little variation.

Next, after shims were dry, I gave it a coat of a light gray paint that has a hint of blue in it. I picked up a quart of it from the Lowes reject section for $2.75. I knew I would use it at some point! Then, I cut out a bunny silhouette using this graphic on my Silhouette and traced it onto my pallet.

To finish things off, I painted the bunny in a Light Buttermilk from DecoArt’s Americana line.

link-party-2

If you have a paint project to share (new or old) hop on over to the party happening right now!

Taryn is the owner/editor of Design, Dining and Diapers, a lifestyle blog that focuses on DIY home decor, design, seasonal crafts, easy recipes and just being a mom! She is all about making things for less by upcycling thrift store finds and using what’s on hand. Taryn lives in the greater Seattle area with her husband, 3 year old daughter and 1 year old son.

Comments

1. Denise In Bloom says

Taryn,
    I love this sweet project, and the soft subtle nod to spring and easter. I am with you in that I don’t really decorate tons for each holiday, but subtle touches are good! Thanks for the great tutorial.

p.s. I just discovered that you live in the Northwest. I am across the water from Seattle!

I LOVE this!! This is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing. I’d better get my act together and paint something to join your party this week ;)
    Jamie ~ Better With Age

3. JaneEllen says

The colors on your bunny art are perfect, just the right contrast and so darned cute Taryn. Love, love it, have got to make it. I’ll have to hunt in Graphics Fairy to see what I can find, your image is so cute and perfect.
    I’m sure in mood for Spring projects so guess I’ll concentrate on Easter items I can give away for Easter gifts.
    Thought today was nicer but when I went out to do some painting the wind was quite nippy, doggone it,. I did get to hang out the top sheet and pillowcases of our flannel sheets today. The wind dried them really well. Had bottom sheet in dryer and top sheet dried much faster outside. I usually hang all my laundry when it’s nice enough. Happy Week

OMG I need this! So cute! I actually have an indoor pet bunny who has his own room (long story), I think this would be so cute to put on the door of his room! Luckily I just got a Silhouette for vday so once I figure out how to use it, this will be my first project! Thanks for the inspiration!

5. Jessica says

This is SO cute! Love it! I’d love for you to link up in my very first linky party {ya, ya…I’m a bit behind the times apparently} that started today.

Jessica

I am like you, in that I don’t decorate for every holiday. I try to change things up for the seasons. Your Bunny Pallet is so sweet. Love the duck egg blue color. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a Nice Day,
    Suzanne

So cute and I love how you made them with shims. What a great inexpensive idea. I made Christmas ornaments out of cut down wood shims this past year. I never thought of putting them together like pallet boards. Thanks so much for sharing. I found you at Someday Crafts. Please consider linking this up to my first ever link party at The Patriotic Pam.
    Hope to see you there,
    Pam

I loved your valentine one, but I think I love this one even more. I’ve been wanting a simple Easter decoration, and this is perfect. Thanks for the great tutorial! Have a wonderful weekend.

9. Stephanie says

HI!

Fell i love with this and shared with my readers :) Have a beautiful day! Thanks for the CUTE idea for Spring!

Stephanie
    Polka Dot Bungalow

Hello!
    Just wanted to say that I really like this craft and that we selected it as part of our Easter Round Up. What I especially love about it is that it’s not too over the top– it’s soft and subtle– just perfect for Spring. I hope to take this idea and maybe use it with other shapes/silhouettes. Thanks for the idea!

1. […] Easter Pallet Art from Design, Dining +Diapers | Frame out a Canvas Print from Mom 4 Real | Beach Themed Headboard from With a Blast | Baseball Lamp from Paint speckled Pawprints | LOVE Sign from Trip Worth Taking| Painted Chair Legs from Making Home Base | The Gray Buffet Transformation from The Revolutionaries | St. Patrick’s Day Vignette from Lemon Tree Dwelling […]

2. […] Easter Pallet Art from Design, Dining +Diapers | Frame out a Canvas Print from Mom 4 Real | Beach Themed Headboard from With a Blast | Baseball Lamp from Paint speckled Pawprints | LOVE Sign from Trip Worth Taking| Painted Chair Legs from Making Home Base | The Gray Buffet Transformation from The Revolutionaries | St. Patrick’s Day Vignette from Lemon Tree Dwelling […]

3. […] Easter Pallet Art from Design, Dining +Diapers | Frame out a Canvas Print from Mom 4 Real | Beach Themed Headboard from With a Blast | Baseball Lamp from Paint speckled Pawprints | LOVE Sign from Trip Worth Taking| Painted Chair Legs from Making Home Base | The Gray Buffet Transformation from The Revolutionaries | St. Patrick’s Day Vignette from Lemon Tree Dwelling […]