20 Things…

Hey Friends! Every so often I like to throw a personal post in the mix so you can get to know the person behind this blog a little better and it helps me get to know you too! But if you are only in it for the pretty pictures and tutorials, then you are welcome to skip this one :)

In the past I’ve shared 20 Things You Might Not Know and 25 Things About Me and here we go with another 20….

1. My current favorite song is Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood. One of those really random songs that just grows on you.

2. Tonight I’m making Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders for dinner, recipe by Martha Stewart. Yum!

3. Growing up, I danced competitively (tap, jazz, modern, hip hop)  but stopped when I got to high school. Part of me still wishes I stuck with it.

4. I also ski raced competitively but eventually quit because I wanted to focus on dancing. To this day skiing is one of my favorite things to do. We only live 45 minutes from the mountains and it’s a shame how little we make it up there.

5. Paris is my all time favorite city. I dream about it every day.

6. If I could live in any other city besides the greater Seattle area, it would be Paris (surprise) but more realistically  San Francisco.

7. I went to college at The University of Arizona, GO CATS!

8. I’ve never missed a season of The Bachelor/Bachelorette. It’s pretty much a tradition/habit at this point. Anybody else watching this season? I’m pulling for Dez!

9. My favorite TV shows are Parenthood (I cry almost every episode), Castle, The Mentalist, The Voice, Modern Family, Parks & Rec, and I’m starting to get into Scandal. I’ve never watched an episode of Downtown Abbey, although I’m starting to get intrigued.

10. I secretly buy Gluten-Free chicken nuggets and fish sticks for my daughter because I want them for myself.

11. I only buy gummy vitamins. They taste like candy.  Sometimes I feel guilty for eating them in the morning because they are so good.

12. I drink my coffee black with one pack of Truvia.

13. The last movie I saw in theaters was Broken City with Mark Wahlberg. It was good, not great. But worth seeing when it comes out on DVD.

15. I’m terrified of coloring my hair. I think about it ALL the time and even went as far as scheduling an appointment a few months ago and then canceled it. I put dark Auburn/Red highlights in my hair in high school and that was the first and last time I have touched my hair. I really want to do a subtle ombre look but I can’t get up the courage. Or maybe I’m just cheap?

16. My favorite author is Malcom Gladwell, my two favorite books by him are The Tipping Point and Outliers. They are what inspired me to get my minor in Sociology.

17. I’m allergic to gluten, eggs and soy and my husband likes to eat Paleo, so we end up getting almost all of our dinner recipes from PaleoPlan.com. I love all of her recipes they are simple, healthy and really tasty. Some of my favorites are Chicken Skewers in “Peanut” Sauce and the Danish Meatloaf.

18. I turn on my heated seats in the car even in the summer.

19. I don’t like getting manicures or pedicures because I am WAY too ticklish and I don’t really enjoy the massage. Crazy, I know. So I just get a $7 polish change and call it good ;)

20. I am a huge night owl, always have been and probably always will be. That’s when I sit down and blog and get to chat with all of you!

So can you relate to any of these?! Is there anything else you want to know? And in case you are wonder, I WILL be back tomorrow with some pretty pictures :)

Taryn is the owner/editor of Design, Dining and Diapers, a lifestyle blog that focuses on DIY home decor, design, seasonal crafts, easy recipes and just being a mom! She is all about making things for less by upcycling thrift store finds and using what’s on hand. Taryn lives in the greater Seattle area with her husband, 3 year old daughter and 1 year old son.

Comments

Seriously, you have got to start watching Downton Abbey – it is wonderful! I am not dying my hair until it starts turning gray, then it is worth the $$$. I also only by gummy vitamins and I am a big night owl too! So yes, I do relate! Thanks for sharing!

I’m rooting for Dez 2!! Love her but man he really has some great ones!!

I can’t relate with the no manicures or pedicures as I am a nail tech. Lol I love to get them myself. :-)

I would love to hear why Paris is your favorite city. I had always wanted to go to Paris but when offered a free ride from my brother in college I panicked because I hate to fly. I have since gotten over my flying fear and I went this last summer and fiance (now husband) took me on a limo ride around the city and I stepped out to a violinist playing our song in front of the Eiffel tower and he proposed to me. Paris is so magical to me in so many ways. I can’t even begin to describe it. :)
    Oh, and I just started watching Downton Abbey this season and I am so hooked. Its the only show I have time to watch because I have a 4 and 6 year old that keep me super busy.

I’m in the greater Seattle area, too! There is something about the NW that people just don’t get unless they are from here! My best friend is from FL. We were planning a walking date for the following day & she asked what we would do if it rained….ummm wear a hood!
    Loved your 20 things!!
    BTW I just started watching Downton Abbey on demand and I see why everyone is talking about it! It’s good! Makes me want to be very proper! Oh & you should take a peek at Nashville! I love it!!! It’s full of musical drama!

5. Nancy Carr says

As a mature woman I have this advice about coloring your hair. If you have no gray hair now, just leave your hair color alone and enjoy your natural color. I can see you are still young, and you have many years ahead when you may need (desire) to color your hair. Relax and enjoy your natural hair color. Peace

Oh don’t start coloring your hair until you need to! The grays come fast as you get older {well mine started when I was 29, everyone is different} I don’t like anything bacon wrapped, although I love, love bacon, I can eat it by itself, but not wrapped. I think it is because I associate bacon with a heart attack…must be something from my childhood lol

I’ve been watching Bachelor since the second season. I’m addicted. Guilty as charged! My husband can’t stay in the room for more than 5 minutes of it. He gets too embarrassed by the girls and the drama. I love it!!! I haven’t started on Downton yet either, but I am warming up to it. Fun info Taryn, thanks for sharing!

Ok, I haven’t watched Downtown Abbey yet either but it seems like everywhere I turn people are talking about it! I feel like I need to watch it just because haha! I am such a night owl too – try as i may I just can’t go to bed until after midnight every night. Luckily I have blogging to keep me company :). Have a great weekend!!

9. Amanda says

Paris is my all time favorite city too! Something about the way it makes me feel when I’m there. I had dreams of it even before I went. I think in a former life I lived there :) why do you love it?