Hey Friends! Every so often I like to throw a personal post in the mix so you can get to know the person behind this blog a little better and it helps me get to know you too! But if you are only in it for the pretty pictures and tutorials, then you are welcome to skip this one :)
1. My current favorite song is Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood. One of those really random songs that just grows on you.
2. Tonight I’m making Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders for dinner, recipe by Martha Stewart. Yum!
3. Growing up, I danced competitively (tap, jazz, modern, hip hop) but stopped when I got to high school. Part of me still wishes I stuck with it.
4. I also ski raced competitively but eventually quit because I wanted to focus on dancing. To this day skiing is one of my favorite things to do. We only live 45 minutes from the mountains and it’s a shame how little we make it up there.
5. Paris is my all time favorite city. I dream about it every day.
6. If I could live in any other city besides the greater Seattle area, it would be Paris (surprise) but more realistically San Francisco.
7. I went to college at The University of Arizona, GO CATS!
8. I’ve never missed a season of The Bachelor/Bachelorette. It’s pretty much a tradition/habit at this point. Anybody else watching this season? I’m pulling for Dez!
9. My favorite TV shows are Parenthood (I cry almost every episode), Castle, The Mentalist, The Voice, Modern Family, Parks & Rec, and I’m starting to get into Scandal. I’ve never watched an episode of Downtown Abbey, although I’m starting to get intrigued.
10. I secretly buy Gluten-Free chicken nuggets and fish sticks for my daughter because I want them for myself.
11. I only buy gummy vitamins. They taste like candy. Sometimes I feel guilty for eating them in the morning because they are so good.
12. I drink my coffee black with one pack of Truvia.
13. The last movie I saw in theaters was Broken City with Mark Wahlberg. It was good, not great. But worth seeing when it comes out on DVD.
15. I’m terrified of coloring my hair. I think about it ALL the time and even went as far as scheduling an appointment a few months ago and then canceled it. I put dark Auburn/Red highlights in my hair in high school and that was the first and last time I have touched my hair. I really want to do a subtle ombre look but I can’t get up the courage. Or maybe I’m just cheap?
16. My favorite author is Malcom Gladwell, my two favorite books by him are The Tipping Point and Outliers. They are what inspired me to get my minor in Sociology.
17. I’m allergic to gluten, eggs and soy and my husband likes to eat Paleo, so we end up getting almost all of our dinner recipes from PaleoPlan.com. I love all of her recipes they are simple, healthy and really tasty. Some of my favorites are Chicken Skewers in “Peanut” Sauce and the Danish Meatloaf.
18. I turn on my heated seats in the car even in the summer.
19. I don’t like getting manicures or pedicures because I am WAY too ticklish and I don’t really enjoy the massage. Crazy, I know. So I just get a $7 polish change and call it good ;)
20. I am a huge night owl, always have been and probably always will be. That’s when I sit down and blog and get to chat with all of you!
So can you relate to any of these?! Is there anything else you want to know? And in case you are wonder, I WILL be back tomorrow with some pretty pictures :)