Thank you to The Green Giant™ for being a sponsor. Show the Giant your surprise talent here!
Do you need a dish to bring for Easter brunch or an upcoming party? Well I have the perfect idea for you. My mom was nice enough to share her Cream Cheese Ball recipe with me and I couldn’t help but pass it along to all of you! It is sweet, savory and is really addicting, especially when served with Green Giant’s New Veggie Chips.
So are you ready for the recipe?
For this recipe you’ll need cream cheese, green pepper, onion, salt, crushed pineapple and finely chopped walnuts. In a food processor, gently pulse the chopped pepper, onion and pineapple until it is very finely chopped but not smooth. In a large bowl, combine the mixture with the 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts, salt and cream cheese and form into a ball. Refrigerate 1 hour. Just before serving, roll the cheese ball in the remaining finely chopped walnuts. (full recipe below)
My mom usually serves the cream cheese dip with fresh veggies and crackers but I decided to use these brand new Veggie Chips from Green Giant. I LOVE the sweet potato flavor with sea salt, it was the perfect pairing. Annnnnd I just found out that Green Giant has a printable coupon for 85 cents off Veggie Snack Chips!
The chips were light and airy but super crispy and delicious. And good thing they have 40 % less fat than regular chips, which is a great thing considering I ate the whole bag :)
It had been a while since I had this dip and it is oh so yummy. The peppers, pineapples and cheese give it a sweet flavory while the onions and salt add just the right balance.
- 2 8oz packages of regular cream cheese
- ¼ chopped green pepper
- 3½ oz. crushed pineapple (drained)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped white onion
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1½ cups of finely chopped walnuts (3/4 cup for inside the mixture and ½ to roll it in)
- In a food processor, gently pulse the chopped pepper, onion and pineapple until it is very finely chopped but not smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the mixture with the ¾ cup finely chopped walnuts, salt and cream cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Form the mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Just before serving, roll the cheese ball in the remaining finely chopped walnuts.
Thank you to The Green Giant™ for being a sponsor. Show the Giant your surprise talent at www.facebook.com/greengiant.