126 Flares 126 Flares ×
Last week we were talking about chocolate and peanut butter recipes and today I’m sharing one of my own!
I am a huge sweets person, but the only problem is that I’m allergic to gluten and soy so things can get a little complicated in this area. So that’s when I decided to come up with these Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting. And they could easily be adapted to be ‘regular’ if you aren’t GF.
- ½ cup oil
- 3 eggs (I use Ener-G Egg Replacer)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (only if making them gluten-free)
- 1½ cups flour ( I use gluten-free flour mix)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp milk ( use rice milk or almond milk)
- 2 cups of powered sugar (plus additional if needed)
- ½ crushed salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together eggs, sugar, vanilla and water.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the above mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Line a cupcake tin with liners and fill them ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until you can pull a toothpick out clean.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk for the frosting.
- Depending on the consistency of your peanut butter and other ingredients, you may need to add additional milk to make it creamier or more powdered sugar to thicken.
- Place the frosting in a zip lock bag and cut the tip (or use a piping bag) and frost the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle the crushed peanuts for garnish.
Hope you enjoy them! What are your favorite chocolate and peanut butter recipes?