Berry desserts are a summer favorite around my home. Every summer when I was younger, I would pick raspberries and blackberries with my grandma and we would make berry pies together. There is seriously nothing like her homemade pies! I don’t know how she does it, but mine never turn out as well. She is magical. No matter how hard I try, I’m pretty sure I will never live up to her pie making skills, so I decided to go the easy route and make a quick Triple Berry Crisp for dessert.
If you are looking for a quick dessert for your summer dinner parties, here is a great recipe to try. This Triple Berry Crisp is quick, easy, and quite tasty (and easily made gluten-free)!
- 6 cups of fresh blackberries, raspberries and blueberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats (I used Bob's Gluten-Free Rolled Oats)
- ½ cup flour (I use Bob's Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup cold cubed butter
- ½ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together ¾ cup sugar and the 6 cups of fresh berries.
- Spread the berries into a 9 X 13 pan.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor pulse together oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, butter, and sugar until crumbly.
- Spread the oat mixture evenly over the berries.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the surface is lightly brown.
- For an extra special treat serve with ice cream!
Yum! It may not be as good as my grandma’s pies, but it sure hit the spot!
For more of my recipes click here.Sharing this project at some of the parties here along with Today’s Creative Blog, TipJunkie, Home Stories A 2 Z, Funky Junk Interiors, The Shabby Nest, My Repurposed Life, The Shabby Creek Cottage