Well, today is all about food on DDD! Before I dive into today’s recipe, I wanted to let you know that I’m hanging out over at I Heart Nap Time today sharing a yummy dessert. It involves chocolate :)
It’s been a well-known fact in my family that Snickerdoodles are my dad’s all time favorite cookie. So for Father’s Day this year, I decided to try to create my own Gluten Free Dairy Free Snickerdoodle Recipe to bring to our family BBQ. Let’s just say the first batch didn’t turn out as well as I had hoped. They tasted good, but just weren’t quite right. So I gave it another try and tweaked a few things and my-oh-my I hit the jackpot! I love it when that happens.
And here is my full disclosure, these are really really really addicting. You can’t just have one :)
- 2 Cups of Gluten-Free Flour (I use Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Flour Mix)
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 Tbsp. Ener-G Egg Replacer + ¼ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- ½ Cup Sugar (for rolling)
- 2 Tbsp. Cinnamon (for rolling)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine wet ingredients, including the egg replacer, and mix until creamy.
- Slowly add in the flour mix, Xanthan Gum and baking powder and mix until smooth.
- Place the bowl of dough in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl for rolling.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1½" balls and then roll in sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Place on a cookie sheet 2" a part.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.