Thank You Gift For Labor and Delivery Nurses

1.3K Flares Twitter 1 Facebook 4 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 1.3K StumbleUpon 0 1.3K Flares ×

Labor Day Weekend brought on a whole new meaning for our family! We are happy to announce that our sweet little BOY was brought into this world on Saturday, August 31 at 6:05am! He arrived exactly at 38 weeks and surprised us all. If you follow me on Instagram, you can see some of the latest pics of my handsome little man. We are all doing great and enjoying this time as a new family of four.

In preparation for the big day, I put together a little thank you gift for labor and delivery nurses. I didn’t do this with my first (in fact I had no idea that people actually did this), but I have since learned how much the nurses appreciate the gesture. I put together these mason jars filled with candy and a tag that reads “Thank you for helping us welcome our SWEET baby into this world!”.

DIY Nurse Gifts via @Tarynatddd

It’s not a huge gift, but just a little something to show our thanks for all of their hard work. Afterall, if it wasn’t for the awesome nurses, L&D might be a whole different experience!

L&D Nurse Gifts via @tarynatddd

These little gifts were super simple to make and could work not only for L&D nurses but as thank you gifts for friends and family.

Supplies:

- Mason Jars

- Salt Water Taffy (or candy of your choice)

- Burlap Fabric

- Jute

- Tags (see free printable below)

IMG_3459

I started by filling the mason jars with the yummy salt water taffy. I originally wanted to use a different type of candy, but decided that something wrapped would be more appropriate in this situation. And how can you go wrong with taffy?

IMG_3473

Then, I cut out 5 inch circles of burlap and prepared my jute and tags.

Nurse Thank You Printable via @Tarynatddd

I created this graphic for the tags (click HERE to download) and then used my Silhouette machine to cut it out in the shape of tags.

DIY Nurse Gifts via @Tarynatddd

And it all comes together like this! Our nurses seemed to be really surprised and appreciated of the gifts. I’m really glad I took the time to put something together for them.

Comments

Congratulations to you, your husband and your daughter on the birth of your little boy. I hope that you enjoy the time spent with your son before returning home. You now have a pigeon pair :)

So sweet Taryn! What an adorable gift for them! And a huge congrats to you and your family. You will love having your daughter as the big sister-we have that here and they are so sweet with each other and play together all the time. It’s adorable!! Best wishes!!!

3. Christy@ Confessions do a Serial Do-it-Yourselfer says

Congratulations, Taryn!! It’s been fun following you through your pregnancy and I’m sure it will be even better to watch your little one grow :). As for the gifts, I’m an RN (currently staying home as long as I can milk it) and we totally loved getting goodies from our patients!! Very thoughtful! XO

Congrats!!! We both big sisters and little brothers! Love this idea and I also had no idea about goodies for the nurses and wish I did. I loved my nurses and love the sweets in the mason jar. Great job on this on top of the awesome job of the little bundle of joy! What cuties!

5. JaneEllen says

CONGRATULATIONS to a very sweet blogger, Mommy and wife. So happy for you Taryn and your hubs and little girl. The perfect family now, boy and girl. I’m going over to Instagram so I can see him. I’m so happy for you. Hope you didn’t have other plans for the holiday weekend? lol Leave it to you to be thoughtful of other people. Another reason we all love you.

6. Lauren Barnard says

This is so cute! I’m expecting a sweet little boy any day now!! How many of these did you make?

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog.

It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and
    visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
    Great work!

It’s very straightforward to find out any matter on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this piece of writing at this website.