Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Avocados of Mexico. All opinions stated are my own.
Fall is the perfect time for entertaining. Football games, baseball games, pumpkin carving parties, fall feasts, back to school events and of course Halloween! This time of year I’m always looking for new recipes to bring to events and gatherings and what is better than Avocados? Oh they are so good. I wanted to come up with a recipe that was bite size, easy to eat with your fingers and would be a crowd pleaser. So I decided to merge two of my favorite foods together and make Chocolate Avocado Truffles!
I know it may seem like an odd combination, but it is SO good. You don’t taste the avocado, rather it brings a really creamy texture. and to make them even better, they are extremely easy to make!
Did you know that just one ounce of fresh Avocados from Mexico has 50 calories and can enhance your recipes with a creamy, rich flavor that contributes nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, making it a good choice to help meet nutrient needs.
Pretty sure that means these truffles are super healthy ;)
To make the truffles, cut one large ripe avocado into cubes and then mash it with a fork.
Place a 10 oz bag of chocolate chips in a stove pan on a low temperature. Add 1 Tbps of milk
(I use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips because they are free of main allergens, gluten, eggs, soy, dairy, nuts, etc. so these truffles are safe for the whole crowd! And I also use rice milk for this reason.)
Once the chocolate is melted, mix in the avocado and stir until creamy. Remove from burner and place into a large bowl. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
Roll the chocolate into 1″ balls and dip into premium cocoa powder.
The perfect treat for your next game day!
- 1 Large Ripe Avocado
- 1 10 oz. Bag of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbsp. Rice Milk
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- Place a bag of chocolate chips in a stovepan on a low temperature. Add 1 Tbps of milk. (I use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips because they are free of main allergens, gluten, eggs, soy, dairy, nuts, etc. so these truffles are safe for the whole crowd! And I also use rice milk for this reason.)
- Once the chocolate is melted, mix in the avocado and stir until creamy. Remove from burner and place into a large bowl. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Roll the chocolate into 1" balls and dip into premium cocoa powder.
Avocados is also hosting a HUGE sweepstakes right now! Enter the Avocado All Star sweepstakes for the chance to win a $5,000 grocery gift card! Sweepstakes ends October 31st. Go to AvocadoAllStars.com and join in the #AvoAllStars conversation on Twitter.
You can also download a coupon for (1) FREE 10-oz Ro*Tel when you buy 3 Avocados from Mexico on AvocadoAllStars.com
Now you have a chance to win something right now:
Want to win some fabulous kitchen accessories for your next avocado recipe?
Here’s what is up for grabs!
- (1) Sur La Table “Batter Up” Silicone Spatula
- (1) OXO 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer
- (1) I ? Avocado T-Shirt
- (1) Avocados From Mexico-branded USB loaded with recipes
- Giveaway value is $45
To enter: Use the rafflecopter widget below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I participated in this sponsored campaign for One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.