Hello there Design, Dining and Diapers Readers! I’m Ashley and I am so excited to be here at Taryn’s blog while she spends time with her new precious guy! You can find my over at my blog Cherished Bliss where you can find sewing tutorials, home decor, and much more! I recently moved into a house after living in 3 different rentals over the last 2 years and I am so excited to decorate my new home! I also just had my 3rd baby at the end of July, so I’m still moving a little slow, but he’s getting older and my oldest started kindergarten! Fall is definitely my favorite season, so that is major motivation to get stuff done! Enough about me… let’s talk dessert! Today I have for you a yummy recipe for Pumpkin Pie Popcorn.
Yes, it’s true. You can turn anything into a Pumpkin Pie Flavor. I recently also made Pumpkin Pie Toffee. It is to die for!
This popcorn is like having a Fall Festival in your mouth! Oh yes it is! I can only image eating this with some coffee by a fire! mmmmm…. Let’s just make it, you’ll see! ; )
- ¼ Popcorn Kernels
- ½ cup butter
- ½ brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons 100% Pure Canned Pumpkin (Libby’s)
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Seasoning
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Pop your popcorn (I do it in a brown paper bag in the microwave)
- Line Cookie Sheet with Parchment Paper and spread popcorn out evenly on top
- In a saucepan bring Butter, Sugar, Canned Pumpkin, and Seasoning to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium high and boil for 2-3 minutes
- Drizzle evenly over the popcorn (you may not need all of it)
- Toss popcorn with tongs to evenly coat
- Place cookie sheet in oven for 2-5 minutes watching carefully so it doesn’t burn
- Remove from oven and place it in a bowl for serving
Just a few Notes: Try to pick out as many kernels that didn’t pop as possible. When drizzling over the popcorn you might not need all the sauce that is made, cover to your liking. Also, when it is in the oven watch it closely! All ovens are different and it can burn quickly! You can use packaged popcorn if you like, but I would use some with NO butter or seasoning as it might alter the taste.
To make the Popcorn: Just put your kernels in a small paper bag, fold over the top a few times, and place in microwave. Cook it just like you would the packaged popcorn, but listen to the popping. When it stops popping for 2 full seconds it is time to take it out.
Now you just have to enjoy it!
If you think this looks delicious, be sure and check out my Pumpkin Pie Toffee
You can also see some of my Fall Decor
I love meeting new people, so feel free to stop by and say HI : )
You can keep up with me here