It’s time for another Saturday shopping guide! I constantly get questions and comments from friends and readers that go something like this, “I wish I knew how to decorate!”, ” I know what I like, but I can’t put it all together”, “I have NO idea what my style is!”. Do you find yourself saying any of these things? Today, I’m sharing some of my decorating and DIY book recommendations. If you don’t know where to start, order one of these!
One of the things I love most about blogging and this online community are the amazing people it has put me in touch with. I started blogging over 5 years ago and during that time I have developed amazing friendships with incredibly talented people who I feel so honored to know. It has been such a fun journey to see people I started chatting with YEARS ago become published authors, famous in the home & garden niche and start their own businesses. Seeing people you know achieve their dreams is so inspiring.
All of these books have been written by incredibly talented bloggers who have practical home decor and DIY tips. I love all of these books so much because they are personal and very relatable. Hope you enjoy.
- Touch of Farmhouse Charm by Liz Fourez of Love Grows Wild– Liz does an incredible job documenting the journey of decorating their farmhouse. She provides great insight into how to give your home a farmhouse style through beautiful pictures and detailed tutorials. Whether you are a DIY newbie or seasoned with the saw, Liz has so many creative and new ideas to try. If you love farmhouse style, you will love this book!
Natural Accents by Stacy Risenmay of Not Just a Housewife– Bringing the outdoors in, is one of the ways I decorate my own home so naturally I just adore Stacy’s book. See how Stacy transforms greenery, wood, rocks, feathers, just about anything else you can find outside, into gorgeous home decor for your home. She shares hundreds of ideas, never seen before on her blog, and will inspire you to think outside the box.
3. Cozy & Beautiful by Shannon Acheson of AKA Design – I love Shannon’s approach to decorating. Cozy can be beautiful! She takes you through a series of steps to help you learn how to decorate YOUR home and she gives you tons of resources to do it. If you consider yourself a ‘non-decorator’ check out this book! Shannon has so many nuggets of advice that anyone can put to use.
4. Don’t Wait, Decorate by Chelsea Coulston of Making Home Base Blog – How many of you have found yourself in a situation where you hear yourself saying ” When we move into our dream home, then I’ll decorate” or ” I can’t do what I want to this house because we are just renting”. Chelsea shares her own personal stories and awesome tips on how to find your style and why you shouldn’t wait to decorate, no matter your living situation.
5. How To Find Your Style by Shayna Orrino of Woodgrain Cottage Blog – Do you feel completely overwhelmed at the thought of decorating your home, because ultimately you just don’t know where you start? If you struggle with finding your own personal style, Shayna helps you do just that! Through a series of detailed chapters on how to gather inspiration, how to tell your own personal story through family heirlooms and tried and true tips and tricks that will make a huge improvement when decorating any space. Fall in love with your home with her great advice.
6. Life in Season by Heather Patterson and Vanessa Hunt of At The Picket Fence Blog– If you follow the At ThePicket Fence Facebook Page you know how talented Vanessa and Heather are at putting their thoughts into beautiful stories that touch your heart. These two sisters are two of my favorites, they are sweet, genuine and are so inspiring. Not only do they provide encouraging and thought provoking words, but they also share beautiful DIY projects and crafts.