This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Hershey Company. All opinions are 100% mine.
*Note: I’ve gotten mixed information on whether or not the Hershey Kisses Candy Cane Candies are gluten-free or not. I’m still trying to confirm one way or another. If you have gluten sensitivities, just stick with the cookie base and the frosting, those ARE gluten free!
It’s Christmas cookie time! How many of you have Christmas Cookie parties or deliver goodies to your friends and neighbors? Right now my kitchen counter is covered in cookies and bars and anything sweet. It’s very tempting. I always like to make a gluten free option for my GF friends (and me of course). Soooo, today I’m sharing a brand new recipe with you, Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies. Look at these little bites of deliciousness! One, maybe two bites of that dark chocolate cookie mixed with a peppermint cream cheese frosting and Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane Mint Candies on top. Seriously, these are SO good.
- 1¼ cups gluten free flour
- ½ cup Hershye's Dark Cocoa Powder
- 2 eggs (I use 2 tsp of Ener-G Egg Replacer + ¼ Water)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla (If making GF, make sure you use pure vanilla)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 8 oz regular cream cheese
- 2 tsp. Peppermint Extract
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Hershey's Kisses Candy Cane Mint Candies (these are not confirmed gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine sugars, eggs, butter, and vanilla together and mix until smooth
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and slowly add them to the sugar/butter mixture
- Using an electric mixer, blend the two mixtures together until creamy. It will be on the thicker side.
- Roll the dough into 1" rounds and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press gently with a glass to help flatten them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese powdered sugar and peppermint in a large bowl. Beat until creamy.
The Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa really makes a big difference, it adds such a rich flavor! These cookies have such great texture, but I suggest flattening them with a glass before putting them in the oven. The cream cheese frosting is such a great balance for the cookies. It is just the right pop of peppermint cheer!
*Note: I’ve gotten mixed information on whether or not the Hershey Kisses Candy Cane Candies are gluten-free or not. I’m still trying to confirm one way or another. If you have gluten sensitivities, just stick with the cookie base and the frosting, those ARE gluten free! Yum! For more recipes check out The Hershey Company.