You may have noticed a delicious looking dessert on my picnic table from last week. This Summer Berry Tart has been one of my favorite recipes for the past few years and it’s SO easy to make. I even tweak it to be gluten-free and it’s so yummy. Many of you commented how delicious it looked so I thought I’d share the recipe.
This tart was inspired by this recipe by Paula Deen and I converted it into gluten-free and added my own little twist.
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour)
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, softened and sliced
- 2 (8-ounce) packages of regular cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- Fresh berries of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the confectioners’ sugar, flour, and butter, and process until the mixture starts to stick together.
- With your fingers, press the dough into a 12-inch tart pan. Once the crust is evenly distributed in the pan, bake for 12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let the crust cool.
- For the filling beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Spread over the cooled crust.
- Garnish with fresh berries.
I will probably make this several more times this year, it’s so refreshing! Enjoy!