Molasses cookies the day before Halloween?! Sure, why not! Miss E and I were in the mood to make some cookies and I had a jar of molasses sitting around so we decided to give it a shot. I've been working on this recipe for a while, and I must say I think I finally got it right. These will definitely be making an appearance again this year!
When I taste and smell molasses I feel like I am instantly transported into the Holiday season. A cozy and warm home, a fire burning, fresh molasses cookies baking in the oven and a cup of hot cider along side. Yes, I'm officially ready for the Holidays :)Hope you enjoy this simple recipe for gluten free molasses cookies!
Gluten-Free Molasses Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
Soft and chewy molasses cookies-perfect for your next Holiday party!
- ¾ cup oil
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs ( I used the equivalent in Ener-G Egg-Replacer)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2½ cups of GF all-purpose flour (or white flour if not making them GF)
- ½ cup white sugar (for rolling)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar, molasses, eggs and oil and beat until smooth.
- Slowly add dry ingredients, one cup at a time. Batter will be a little sticky.
- Chill dough in fridge for 30 min.
- Place ½ cup of granulated sugar into a small bowl.
- Take a spoonful of dough and roll it into the sugar until it is completely coated.
- Roll dough into a ball and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
Hope you enjoy them as much as we did. Miss E made it very clear that these are her new favorite cookies. What are your ‘staple’ cookies for the Holiday season?