It’s summer time which means many of you are vacationing at lake houses, beach cabins, or even camping near the ocean! Most of my childhood summers were spent up at my grandparent’s beach cabin and now my little family and I try to get up at least a few times each summer. There is nothing more relaxing than hearing the sounds of the ocean, seeing the beautiful blues and listening to nature. I love it. It’s probably these very reasons that people have beach themed rooms in their homes. Most of us will do just about anything to achieve some peace and quiet!
My husband and I always talk about how we would love a beach house of our own one day ( I’m allowed to dream!). AND it’s always fun to dream about how I would decorate it. I love bringing the outside in and it’s so easy to do that with beach inspired decor. Not to mention it can be extremely cost-effective if you have a beach nearby to shop at (but check with your local laws first!). I’m always taking drift wood off our beach or using shells for projects. There truly is so much you can do with nature.
So today, I’m sharing 10 Beach Inspired Crafts! These would make great hostess gifts if you are invited to stay at a friend’s cabin, or they would make beautiful pieces for your own home. Even if you don’t live near the ocean, beach decor is a great way to bring some summer indoors!
1. DIY Sailboat (Via Craftberry Bush)
2. Summer in a Jar (Via Country Home)
3. DIY Knock-off Oversized Sand Dollar (Via Thrifty and Chic)
4. Framed Shell Art (Via Sand and Sisal)
5. Driftwood Mirror (Via HGTV)
6. Starfish Wall Art (Via Carolyn’s Homework)
7. DIY Beach Mantel (Via Miss Kopy Kat)
8. Sisal Wreath (Via Sand and Sisal)
9. Coast Coasters (Via Crafty Scrappy Happy)
10. DIY Driftwood (Via Craftiments)
You can view more beach themed projects from my grandparent’s cabin here!
Happy Tuesday :)